Lollies, laminate & leave – this week's MSE Forum highlights
Shade seekers: while the heat's up, take refuge indoors with a cold lemonade and a glance at the MSE Forum highlights.
Take a peek at some of the helpful, funny or otherwise notable conversations we've spotted:
- I’m trying to clear my debts and save before I go on maternity leave – any tips?
- My car salesman husband was tricked into handing over a car to a scammer. The garage owner wants my husband to pay out of his own pocket – what are his rights?
- I want to lay my own laminate flooring – what are your tips for a total novice?
- I handed in my notice at work last Friday. My boss is away and doesn’t know yet. I’m regretting my decision – can I reverse it?
Got any tips for laying laminate?
- I have £100,000 in my current account and I’m not comfortable with it
- While installing fibre broadband, Open Reach cut through my mains gas supply and I had to book a repair myself. I’ve been reimbursed but not been compensated – is this fair?
- Should I be haggling with second-hand car dealers?
- What criteria should I be looking for in a carpet cleaning machine?
- Where can I donate used UK postage stamps now that MacMillan has stopped accepting them?
Money Moral Dilemma
Every week, the Money Tips email features a real-life Money Moral Dilemma (MMD for short). They're intended to encourage debate and, as such, they're usually among the most discussed threads each week.
Should I pay towards the window and gutter cleaning my neighbour didn't tell me about?
My neighbour arranged for a window and gutter cleaner to attend to both their property and mine - but didn't discuss it with me first, only letting me know on the day the cleaner arrived. He's since asked me to contribute to the cost, which annoyed me as I was never consulted. Should I pay to keep the peace, even though I had nothing to do with it?
You can find out what our MSE Forumites think and add your own two cents on the Money Moral Dilemma discussion thread. Heed the MSE Forum rules: keep it kind and keep it clean. Remember, there's a real person behind every dilemma.
Got a Money Moral Dilemma of your own? Email us at MMD@moneysavingexpert.com and it could be featured.
Latest comping wins
An unstoppable hive of activity, the Competitions Time board is where dedicated compers share and discover opportunities to win prizes. There have been heaps of recent successes, but special acknowledgement goes to NuggeyC, who had only been comping for four days when they won a £60 hamper. Congrats.