Wi-Fi, weedkiller & wayward meals – this week's MSE Forum highlights
Take a look at the useful, funny or otherwise notable chats that caught our eye:
- We're expecting a refund from a UK Hilton DoubleTree but its US-based customer service will only refund us via a cheque in US dollars, which my bank (Nationwide) won’t accept
- Dad has recently sold his house and moved in with me. What contribution to bills etc should I ask from him?
- My seven-year-old's just joined a football team and loves it, but the matches are often up to 20 miles away – how can I get him there without huge time and monetary sacrifices?
- While sorting my gardening stuff I found weedkiller that’s two or three years old – will it still be viable?
A parent wants to know how to keep football club travel costs down
- How can I deal with an ant infestation in my garden?
- I bought some floor boards but the seller wants to charge me £250 to return them
- Should I be worried about using the communal Wi-Fi in my over-55s shared accommodation?
- We received someone else’s takeaway meal instead of ours – what are our rights?
- My unlimited Cineworld pass has ended. Should I buy another, or is it risky now it’s in administration?
Money Moral Dilemma
Every week, the Money Tips email features a real-life Money Moral Dilemma (MMD for short). They're intended to encourage debate and, as such, they're usually among the most discussed threads each week.
Should we use the builder who messed us around on the quote?
A builder gave us a quote for work at our house but it was way over the odds, which he said was due to the rising cost of materials. Although we've heard good things about him, we told him it was beyond our budget and started to look elsewhere. He then came back saying he didn't have much work on, and lowered his quote considerably. Should we go with him now that the price is more manageable, or, as it seemed like he was overcharging us originally, go with someone else and risk lower-quality work?
You can find out what our MSE Forumites think and add your own two cents on the Money Moral Dilemma discussion thread. Heed the MSE Forum rules: keep it kind and keep it clean. Remember, there's a real person behind every dilemma.
Got a Money Moral Dilemma of your own? Email us at MMD@moneysavingexpert.com and it could be featured.
Latest comping wins
The Competitions Time board remains one of the busiest corners of the community, with dedicated compers sharing and discovering opportunities to win prizes. This week we'd like to pay special congratulations to escapevelocity, who has won 20 prizes so far this year with a combined value of £11,922. Included among those 20 is a trip to Disneyland Paris for four. Incredible comping inspo.