Spangles, synthesizers & studying abroad – this week's MSE Forum highlights
As we edge closer to the year's end, there's no signs of slowing on the MSE Forum. Here are a few of this week's highlights.
Here's a bit of what caught our eye recently:
- I tried to do a good turn when I found someone unwell on the street but it cost me £110
- Which AI tools do you use?
- I’m buying a house with a flat roof and I didn’t realise what I was letting myself in for
- My son might study in the USA for a year – help me figure out how to manage his money
- Which European cities are good to visit by train?
- I want to buy a house but when I visited the neighbour was making a weird gesture
Do you use AI tools to help save time or money?
- Help me select some speakers for my synthesizer keyboard
- I rented a garage space from a neighbour and built a garage there. Now they’ve sold up, my new neighbour wants the space back, including the garage I built
- How do I break in my new Wunda underfloor heating without literally breaking the floor?
- Spangles sweets? Fuse bar? What discontinued treats would you bring back?
Money Moral Dilemma
Every week, the Money Tips email features a real-life Money Moral Dilemma (MMD for short). They're intended to encourage debate and, as such, they're usually among the most discussed threads each week.
Should I ask for money if family and friends charge their electric cars when they visit?
Given the massive rise in energy prices over the last couple of years, I've been wondering whether I should ask family and friends to contribute to my bills when they charge their electric cars at my home when they visit. I have a petrol car, and when l visit others I obviously wouldn't ask them to fill it up for me, so I'm not sure what the right thing to do is.
See what our MSE Forumites had to say and add your own thoughts on the Money Moral Dilemma discussion thread. Do please stick to the MSE Forum rules: keep it kind and keep it clean. Remember, there's a real person behind every dilemma.
Got a Money Moral Dilemma of your own? Email us at MMD@moneysavingexpert.com and it could be featured.
Latest comping wins
The ever-busy Competitions Time board is where compers share new opportunities to win prizes. We read success stories every day. Recently, JADE251110 won a 65” Sky Glass TV and Tashymon scored a family getaway to a 4-star London hotel.