Mortgages & Homes A-Z
Guides and tools to help you get the best deal on your mortgage
- What is a leasehold?
Including your rights & the problems with leasehold
- First-time buyers' guide
Free PDF guide for first-time buyers
- Getting ready to remortgage
Sort your credit score, minimise costs & find top deals
- The Help to Buy equity loan
How the scheme works in England & who qualifies
- House auctions
Buying repossessions and what to watch for
- How much can I afford to borrow?
Why salary & deposit affects how big a mortgage you can get
- How much will remortgaging cost?
Mortgage fees, solicitor costs & more
- How to sell your property
19 chronological tips on agents, valuations, removals and more
- Free house price valuations
Tons of tools to investigate a property
- I'm a mortgage prisoner – what can I do?
100,000s unfairly trapped, yet there's help for some (but not all)
- Mortgage Life Insurance
Save £100s on your cover
- Mortgage arrears
What to do if you can't pay your mortgage
- Mortgage guarantee scheme: 95% mortgages
Full details on the Government scheme incl who's eligible
- Moving home checklist
Slash costs & make moving easier
- Cheap mortgage finding
How to find the best deal for you
- Porting your mortgage
Find out if you can – and should – take your mortgage with you
- Shared ownership – how the homebuying scheme works
Including who can apply and how big a deposit you'll need
- Shift debts to your mortgage?
Beware, it's not the easy saving it seems
- Should I extend my lease?
Plus step-by-step guide on how to do it
- Should I overpay my mortgage?
It's a question of whether you save, or whether you overpay your mortgage
- Should you equity-release?
It involves releasing money from your home while you're still living there
- Should you remortgage?
Many can slash costs by switching mortgage
- Stamp Duty Calculator
Use our guide to work out how much you'll need to pay