Berlin, bailiffs & bird baths – this week's MSE Forum highlights
Have a gander at some of the chats that caught our eye recently:
- While in a coma, I had a meaningful, existential dream that compelled me to set up a funeral plan as soon as I woke up
- I ordered a £200+ hairpiece but the seller won’t let me return it
- A friend gifted me a chunky jade pendant which I’ll never wear. What’s the best way to get it valued?
- What have you wombled for free in 2023?
- Furniture Village sent me the wrong table-and-chairs set after I spent £2,000, and now seems to be ghosting me
A bird bath and a sink are two of this year's wombling successes. Credit: SuzeQStan & Floss
- My two daughters have been gifted £75k each by their grandparents – can I make sure they can’t touch it until they’re 21?
- I spent £3,000+ on Dad’s funeral expenses – how can I avoid spending so much when Mum’s time comes?
- My sister’s moved into a new home and is being harassed by bailiffs chasing someone else’s debt
- What are your MoneySaving tips for a city break in Berlin?
Money Moral Dilemma
Every week, the Money Tips email features a real-life Money Moral Dilemma (MMD for short). They're intended to encourage debate and, as such, they're usually among the most discussed threads each week.
Is it unreasonable to ask my friends to pay me for taking them to the pub?
I've two friends who usually get the bus to the pub on Fridays, while I usually drive if I'm going too. On the odd occasion when the bus isn't running or it's raining, I collect them and take them to the pub with me. But as time's gone by, they've stopped checking if the bus is running and wait for me to pick them up, and I feel I'm being taken for granted. Is it unreasonable to expect them to offer me some money for fuel, or at least return the favour every so often?
You can find out what our MSE Forumites think and add your own two cents on the Money Moral Dilemma discussion thread. Heed the MSE Forum rules: keep it kind and keep it clean. Remember, there's a real person behind every dilemma.
Got a Money Moral Dilemma of your own? Email us at MMD@moneysavingexpert.com and it could be featured.
Latest comping wins
One of the busiest corners of the community, the Competitions Time board is where compers find and share opportunities to win prizes. Successes this week include CapCal winning a Nintendo Switch, addverbaan bagging £50 in cash and postivegirl scooping a £319 pair of earphones. Congrats, all.
We mentioned above that the community is getting a new look. When the time comes, your feedback will be crucial. Do stay tuned to The MSE Forum is getting a new look post.
Please note: In order to roll out the changes, the Forum will be temporarily unavailable from around 2pm on Tuesday 11th July. Thanks for understanding.
If you're not a member yet, it's easy to register for the MSE Forum.