If you click a link with an * to go through to a provider, we may get paid. This usually only happens if you get a product from it. This is what funds our team of journalists, and keeps us free to use. Yet there are two crucial things you need to know about this.
- This never impacts our editorial recommendations – if it's in, it's in there because we independently rate it best.
- You'll always get as good a deal (or better) than if you went direct.
For a more detailed explanation see How MSE is financed.
0 Current Deals
You can get school uniform items (ages 3-16) from £4 online at Matalan* and in stores (find your nearest*). Standard delivery's £3.95 or you can click and collect from a store for free. Stock of the cheapest items is now running very low and there's no guarantee that you'll be able to get the items or sizes that you need.
What can you get?
- 2x Sweatshirt* - £6-£10 (very limited stock)
- Skirt* - £4-£7
- 2x Trousers* - £10-£14
- 2x polo shirts* - £3-6 (limited stock)
Prices change depending on size.
Click and collect is currently unavailable in Northern Ireland and the following stores:
Aberdeen Portlethen, Aberystwyth, Accrington, Ayr, Banbury, Barrow, Basingstoke, Bracknell, Bridgewater, Canterbury, Chester, Chesterfield, Christchurch, Clydebank, Colne, Darnley, Derby, Dunfermline, Edinburgh Leith, Edmonton, Elgin, Exeter Clearance, Fareham, Galashiels, Gateshead Central, Glasgow City, Grantham, Hunts Cross, Kendal, Leeds City Centre, Leeds Kirkstall, Leicester City Centre, Lewisham, Liverpool Williamson Square, Macclesfield, Maidstone, Oldbury, Oxford, Oxford Street, Perth, Portsmouth, Preston St George's, Rugby, Salisbury, Scarborough, Sheffield, Southampton, Stafford, Stevenage, Stratford, Taunton, Thanet, Weymouth, Wolverhampton, York
MSE weekly email
FREE weekly MoneySaving email
For all the latest deals, guides and loopholes simply sign up today – it's spam-free!
There are always ways to save money at Matalan*, so even if there isn’t a cracking deal out there that works for you, don’t assume you can’t cut your costs further.
Ways to save include:
- Free Click & Collect. Every online purchase is eligible for free Click & Collect with no minimum spend.
- Sign up to its 'Reward Card'. If you sign up to the free Matalan* 'Reward Card' loyalty card, you'll also get a welcome voucher, eg, 10% off. You could also get a voucher for a discount online or in store on your birthday sent by email. See full T&Cs*.
- Try haggling. We polled 1,400 MoneySavers to find out in which shops they had most success haggling. High street fashion retailers did feature, so it’s worth a go. Find out more in our Haggle on the High Street guide.
- Check out similar retailers, eg, Dorothy Perkins and other fashion retailers. If you're not committed to buying from Matalan, check out our deals from H&M, New Look, Asos, Next, Topshop, Topman and Dorothy Perkins, where there may be a better offer.
- Want more? Find out more shopping tricks in our Shopping Secrets guide.
- Had a problem with Matalan? There’s a free online tool you can use to complain – it helps draft, manage and if necessary escalate your complaint. It’s offered by a firm called Resolver, which we like so much we work with it to help people get complaints justice – you can use it to complain to Matalan*.
If you spot any hot deals out there we have missed (we are human after all!), please let us know in the MSE forum, email us at email@example.com. or via Twitter @MSE_Deals.
Latest Expired Deals
Matalan 25% off World Book Day costumes
Online and in storesExpired
If you go online to Matalan* or into a store (find your nearest*), you can get 25% off selected kids' World Book Day costumes, until 11.59pm on Wednesday 1 March. World Book day itself is on Thursday 2 March.
There’s no code or voucher needed, the discount is applied automatically and included items are clearly marked. Delivery's £3.95 or you can click and collect in store for free.
Matalan technically calls this its 'Character' shop, but a lot of the costumes feature famous personalities from children's books, including Where's Wally, The Hungry Caterpillar and Little Red Riding Hood.
Here are some examples we spotted when we checked on Wednesday 22 February:
- Kids Where's Wally fancy dress costume* – £12 (was £16)
- Kids Alice In Wonderland fancy dress costume* – £12 (was £16)
- Kids Harry Potter fancy dress costume* – £13.88 (£18.50)
Now you've sorted the costumes, see The Works 10 kids' picture books for £10.
Matalan 'up to 70% off' sale
Across women's, men's, kids' & home. Boosted up to 70% offExpired
Start date (online): Christmas Eve
Start date (in store): Boxing Day
Sale strength: Up to 70% off, previously up to 50% off.
Likely to boost? Yes – as of Monday 9 January, this sale boosted to 'up to 70% off' both online and in store.
As it's a sale, stock is likely to be limited, so go quick if there's something you're after.