If you click a link with an * to go through to a provider, we may get paid. This usually only happens if you get a product from it. This is what funds our team of journalists, and keeps us free to use. Yet there are two crucial things you need to know about this.
- This never impacts our editorial recommendations – if it's in, it's in there because we independently rate it best.
- You'll always get as good a deal (or better) than if you went direct.
For a more detailed explanation see How MSE is financed.
0 Current Deals
H&M is currently offering 'up to 50% off' in its online sale. Delivery's £3.99, but members get free delivery on orders over £20. In store pick-up is free for members and free to non-members if you spend over £20.
It's free to sign up to become a member, and once you've logged in, you'll be able to access members only perks. If you're a Plus member, both delivery and in store pick-up is free.
When we checked on Wednesday 15 March there were over 10,000 items in the sale across the entire site. Here are some good discounts we found:
- Kids' two-pack superstretch flare fit jeans – £10 (was £19.99)
- Men's twill overshirt* – £15 (was £29.99)
- Women's linen-blend shirt dress – £20 (was £39.99)
- Tufted cotton bedspread – £30 (was £59.99)
As it's a sale, stock is likely to be limited, so go quick if there's something you're after.
MSE weekly email
FREE weekly MoneySaving email
For all the latest deals, guides and loopholes simply sign up today – it's spam-free!
Code valid for two weeks
If you're not already signed up to H&M's free loyalty scheme, you can join via the H&M app or website, and you'll get 10% off plus free delivery (norm £3.99) on your next purchase online or in store.
H&M told us that you'll then have two weeks to use your voucher. You can see your voucher's expiry date when you sign in via the H&M app or website.
How to use it online
At the checkout stage, click on the box next to 'Add H&M Club voucher' (underneath the discount code section), and it will be applied automatically.
How to use it in store
To use it in store you'll need to download the H&M app. Go into the members section of the app and click 'activate in store only'. A voucher will then appear, which you'll need to show to your cashier at the till. Important: Once activated, the voucher will only be valid for 15 minutes - so make sure you don't activate it before you're at the checkout.
The voucher works on both full-price and sale items, but it can't be used on gift cards, designer collaborations, special collections or with any other discounts.
If you bring a bag of unwanted clothes or home textiles to your nearest H&M*, you can get a £5 off £25 voucher to spend in store. You'll need the app to scan a QR code, and then you'll receive the voucher via your app. H&M says the clothes can be any brand and in any condition.
H&M has confirmed to us that the scheme is back now shops have re-opened. It also told us that you need to donate a standard-size supermarket carrier bag of clothes or textiles. It says on its website that you can drop your clothes off at any local H&M.
For more info see H&M's 'close the loop*' page.
There are always ways to save money at H&M*, so even if there isn’t a cracking deal out there that works for you, don’t assume you can’t cut your costs further.
Ways to save include:
- Keep an eye on shop layouts and you could find out when a sale's coming up. Items are generally laid out by season's look in stores, but when a sale's coming, they're arranged into categories, eg, trousers and tops - if you're about to purchase and you notice a layout change, it could be worth waiting.
- Try haggling. In May 2016 we polled 1,400 MoneySavers to see in which shops hagglers have most success. H&M came out with a 50% success rate - so it's worth a go. Find out more in our Haggle on the High Street guide.
- Check out similar retailers, eg, New Look and other fashion retailers. If you're not committed to buying from H&M, check out our deals from New Look, Asos, Next, Topshop, Topman, River Island and Zara, where there may be a better offer.
- Want more? Find out more shopping tricks in our Shopping Secrets guide.
- Had a problem with H&M? There’s a free online tool you can use to complain – it helps draft, manage and if necessary escalate your complaint. It’s offered by a firm called Resolver, which we work with to help people get complaints justice – you can use it to complain to H&M*.
If you spot any hot deals out there we have missed (we are human after all!), please let us know in the MSE forum, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter @MSE_Deals.
Latest Expired Deals
H&M 'up to 60% off' sale
Online and in storeExpired
Start date (online): It started on Thursday 15 December
Start date (in store): It started on Thursday 15 December
Sale strength: Up to 60% off
Likely to boost? Yes – on Friday 30 December, this sale boosted to 'up to 60% off' both online and in store. Last year, it boosted to 'up to 70% off' on Friday 7 January, so it could still boost even further sometime between Saturday 31 December and Saturday 7 January.
When we checked on Thursday 15 December there were over 5,000 items in the sale across the entire site. Although H&M* says the sale is 'up to 50% off', we found some examples of discounts over 50%:
- Regular Denim shorts* - £10 (was £24.99)
- MAMA 2-pack nursing bras - Powder pink/Grey marl* - £12 (was £24.99)
- Women's hooded outdoor jacket* – £12 (was £24.99)
Delivery's £3.99, but members get free delivery on orders over £20. In store pick-up is free for all members and free to non-members if you spend over £20. It's free to sign up* to become a member, and once you've logged in, you'll be able to access members only perks. As it's a sale, stock is likely to be limited, so go quick if there's something you're after.
For more ways to save on clothes, see our round up of fashion outlets.
H&M up to 70% off everything
If you sign up to be a free H&M memberExpired
If you go online to H&M, you can get 70% off everything online for Black Friday until 11.59pm on Monday 28 November. You don't need a code – it's applied automatically at the checkout. However, like last year, you'll need to be signed up to be an H&M member to access the discounts. It's free to sign up and once you've logged in, you'll be able to access the discounts. H&M members get free delivery on orders over £20.
If you're shopping in store, you'll need to download the free H&M app so that you can show the voucher at the checkout and get up to 70% off.
Important: Don't allow yourself to be taken in by the hype around Black Friday and be sucked into buying something you don't need or can't afford. Always do your own price comparisons to ensure you are getting the best deal possible – don't just take a retailer's word for it.
See our Clothes & Fashion deals for more discounts.