Things to do with the kids Deals
0 Current Deals
Convert Tesco Clubcard points into Tesco Reward Partners vouchers* and on many attractions you get three times the vouchers' face value to use on tickets, eg, £5 in points converts into £15 worth of vouchers. Can be used at theme parks, wildlife parks and more.
Here are some of the theme parks you can select:
Blackpool Pleasure Beach
And some of the wildlife parks:
National Sea Life, Birmingham
Sea Life, Blackpool
For how to fully maximise Clubcard points, see the Loyalty Schemes guide.
Get one 'free' ticket with vch on selected Cadbury packs20+ attractions
Look for promotional multipacks of Cadbury chocolates, including Dairy Milk Freddo and Buttons (norm £1ish), to get a voucher for 2for1 entry at more than 20 Merlin attractions.
If you have a voucher from 2020, Cadbury has told us these are valid until 30 Sep 2021 and any vouchers you've picked up this year are valid for use until 31 Jul 2022. The promotional packs will be readily available in stores until October, after which they'll be harder to find.
Attractions include Thorpe Park, Legoland, Alton Towers, Chessington, Sea Life centres, the Dungeons, Madame Tussauds and more. Some dates are excluded at selected attractions, including some in August – see 'more info' below.
Just present the voucher at your chosen attraction when buying one full-price on-the-gate adult ticket (usually up to £53) and another person will gain free entry.
Promotional packs (like the ones above) are expected to be in stores until October 2021, but they're subject to availability, so could be snapped up sooner.
How much can I save?
As on-the-gate tickets cost up to £53 at Legoland, this deal could save you £52 if you buy one of the cheapest promotional packs of chocolate and want two tickets. Even compared with buying tickets online in advance, where they’re generally cheaper (but still as much as £44 each at Legoland), you'd save a significant amount with this deal.
There’s also the added benefit of not having to commit to your plans seven or more days ahead – allowing you to wait and see what the weather’s like, and simply rock up at the gate with your voucher.
Before using the voucher, you should compare this offer against others to see if there's a better one for you (see all theme park deals).
The participating attractions are Alton Towers, Chessington World of Adventures, Thorpe Park, Legoland Windsor, Warwick Castle, Shrek’s Adventure! London, Madame Tussauds London or Blackpool, The London, York, or Edinburgh Dungeons, The Blackpool Tower Eye or The Blackpool Tower Circus, Legoland Discovery Centre Manchester, Sea Life Bray, Weymouth Sea Life Adventure Park and Jurassic Skyline, Sea Life centres and sanctuaries in the UK (Birmingham, Great Yarmouth, Loch Lomond, Blackpool, London, Brighton, Manchester, Scarborough and Hunstanton).
The age classification for an adult ticket varies between attractions so make sure you check before you go. Also check the venue's individual opening dates as some are closed at certain times of the year. For example, Chessington and Legoland Windsor are closed in November. There are also some extra excluded dates listed below:
- All Merlin attractions: every Fri, Sat and Sun in Aug, and 25 Dec
- Legoland Windsor: every Fri, Sat and Sun in Aug, 5-7 Nov
- Thorpe Park: every Fri, Sat and Sun in Aug, 16, 17, 23, 24-31 Oct
- Alton Towers: every Fri, Sat and Sun in Aug, 5-7 Nov
- Madame Tussauds London, The Blackpool Tower Dungeons and Madame Tussauds Blackpool: every Fri, Sat and Sun in Aug, 16-31 Oct
- The London Dungeon: every Fri, Sat and Sun in Aug, 22-23, 29-31 Oct
- York and Edinburgh Dungeons: every Fri, Sat and Sun in Aug, 31 Oct
- Sealife: every Fri, Sat and Sun in Aug
- Shreks Adventure! London: every Fri, Sat and Sun in Aug
- Chessington World of Adventures: every Fri, Sat and Sun in Aug
- Warwick Castle: every Fri, Sat and Sun in Aug
2022 exclusion dates will be available from 1 Jan 2022 once annual calendars are confirmed. Promotional vouchers don’t guarantee entry into attractions in the event of venue capacity being reached. Voucher can't be used with any other offer or concession, reward or loyalty schemes, pre-purchased/advance tickets, online or call centre bookings, combination tickets, two day passes, annual passes, Q-bot, Fastrack, rail inclusive offers, secondary ticketed events, hotel events, concerts or group bookings. Only one voucher can be used per person and per transaction. See full T&Cs.
- All Merlin attractions: every Fri, Sat and Sun in Aug, and 25 Dec
Latest Expired Deals
50% off London theatre tickets when adults & kids go together
Big discount on 20+ shows, eg, Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Billionaire BoyExpired
After a year off due to the pandemic, the Kids Week theatre promotion is back for 2021. You can get 50% off tickets for 20+ London theatre shows throughout August when adults and kids go together. The offer launched with 30+ shows on 30 June, and while several popular shows have sold out, Kids Week says 100,000 tickets are still available, but you'll need to go quick.
Booking is open online at Official London Theatre.
Who can get 50% off tickets?
Kids Week is designed to encourage families to make trips to the theatre, and the offer runs the entire month of August, so it isn't really a 'Week' despite the name.
As long as there are no more than eight in your group you all get 50% off if you meet this criteria:
- Each adult must be accompanied by at least one kid aged 17 or under. So two adults require at least two kids, etc.
- However, you can have more kids than adults in the group. It's a max four kids if there's one adult, though you can have more kids if there are more adults, subject to the overall group max size of eight.
You can make a saving of up to £40 per ticket, depending which show and seats you select. In previous years, the offer has been a kid goes 'free' with a full paying adult, and while this year it's 50% off all tickets, you're essentially getting the same deal in terms of what you pay. What's particularly good is there are no booking or postage fees.
Which performances can I get the deal on?
- When we checked, shows with tickets still available included Billionaire Boy, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat and The Phantom of the Opera – see the full list of shows. Kids Week says there are "thousands of tickets available", and although you can technically book until Tue 31 Aug for some shows, seats for the most popular performances get snapped up quickly.
- The deal won't be available for every performance of every show – some exclude their most popular performances. Kids Week says some Friday and weekend performances will be available – you'll be able to see full availability when booking opens, as well as which seats you can select during the booking process.
- Tickets are distributed randomly across all dates, shows and seat prices, so it helps to be a little flexible in your choice. If you can't find the tickets you want, it's worth checking back at a later date as in past years we've seen some shows increase their allocation of tickets later into the promotion.
What are my refund rights?
Kids Week says if the performance you book is affected by a coronavirus-related postponement or cancellation, you'll be contacted with the option to exchange your tickets for a future date, a voucher, or to get a refund.
If you're unable to attend the performance you've booked because you've had a positive coronavirus test, or must isolate because you've been in contact with someone who has, you can exchange your ticket for a future performance providing it's no less than 24 hours before the performance start time. You aren't normally entitled to a refund if you've just changed your mind.
- Amazing Bubble Man (London Wonderground)
- Amélie The Musical (Criterion Theatre)
- Anything Goes (Barbican Theatre)
- Be More Chill (Shaftesbury Theatre)
- Billionaire Boy (Garrick Theatre until Sun 22 Aug)
- Cirque Berserk (Garrick Theatre)
- Come From Away (Phoenix Theatre)
- Dinosaur World Live (London Wonderground)
- Doctor Who: Time Fracture (ImmersiveLDN)
- Dragons And Mythical Beasts (Regent's Park Open Air Theatre)
- Everybody’s Talking About Jamie (Apollo Theatre until Sun 29 Aug)
- Fireman Sam Live - Saves The Circus (London Wonderground until Sun 8 Aug)
- Hairspray (London Coliseum)
- Heathers The Musical (Haymarket Theatre Royal)
- Horrible Histories: Barmy Britain - Part Five (Apollo Theatre until Sat 28 Aug)
- Hotel Paradiso (Underbelly Festival Cavendish Square until Thu 5 Aug)
- Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (London Palladium)
- Disney’s The Lion King (Lyceum Theatre)
- Mamma Mia! (Novello Theatre)
- Mary Poppins (Prince Edward Theatre)
- Les Misérables: The Staged Concert (Sondheim Theatre)
- Morgan And West Present: The Three Musketeers (London Wonderground)
- The Mousetrap (St Martin's Theatre)
- The Phantom of the Opera (Her Majesty's Theatre)
- Pippin (Charing Cross Theatre)
- One Step, Two Step (Underbelly Festival Cavendish Square until Thu 26 Aug)
- The Play That Goes Wrong (Duchess Theatre)
- The Prince Of Egypt (Dominion Theatre)
- Sam & Mark’s On The Road Show (Underbelly Festival Cavendish Square until Sat 14 Aug)
- Showstopper! The Improvised Musical (Garrick Theatre)
- Singin’ In The Rain (Sadler's Wells)
- Six (Lyric Theatre)
- Stiles and Drewe's - The Three Little Pigs A Very Curly Musical Tale (Underbelly Festival Cavendish Square until Sat 21 Aug)
- The Tiger Who Came To Tea (Haymarket Theatre Royal)
- Twirlywoos Live (Leicester Square Theatre until Mon 16 Aug)
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar (Lyric Hammersmith until Sat 28 Aug)
- What The Ladybird Heard (Palace Theatre until Sun 29 Aug)
- Wonderville (Palace Theatre until Mon 30 Aug)
- Zog (Cadogan Hall)
Select a show above to check its age suitability.
Legoland Windsor 30% off annual pass
Pay £62 instead of £89Expired
Until 11.59pm on Sun 3 Nov, you can get 30% off the Legoland Windsor annual pass, making it £62 (norm £89) per person. You'll get a year of entry on all Legoland Windsor open days with some exclusions (see 'More info' for details) as well as discounted parking.
You can purchase the pass online, or in person at the resort. You'll need to upload a photo - this will appear on your pass. Collect your pass from Legoland Windsor. The year of membership begins from the day of collection.
The offer's only available on the Legoland annual pass - not the saver pass or Merlin passes. The annual pass is suitable for kids and adults - the price remains the same.
We've plenty more ideas for keeping the wee'uns entertained in our Things to do with the kids guide.
The discount can't be used alongside any other promotional offer.
Annual pass exclusions:
- 'Red Event Days' which are marked red on Legoland's operating calendar
- Fireworks Spectacular event tickets (an additional £10 surcharge applies)
- 'Legoland at Christmas' is discounted but not free: £26 for Father Christmas ticket (norm £36), £15 for Theme Park Only ticket (norm £25)